Fitchburg MADownload Project Profile
About the project
When the law in Massachusetts changed, first legalizing Cannabis for Medical Use and later for Recreational Use it opened up a new and rapidly growing market sector in the state. The AMP team was looking to fill the need for both a grow facility and a dispensary. Creating the ideal growing environment was a major project goal.
The project involved the complete gut and rehab of what had once been a plastic manufacturing facility into an Agricultural facility capable of providing the significant environmental controls needed for plants to flourish while grown completely inside. This requires significant controls for things like “Fertigation” (a combination of irrigation and fertilizer), the necessary light intensity and timing as well as the dissipation of heat generated by the lights, and industry specific requirements like CO2 delivery systems.
A completely new MEP system had to be built from scratch, including interior site work, with special needs like cooling towers and chillers.
Hereva was hired to oversee all aspects of the project and construction including ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Our duties included but were not limited to:
- Fully understanding the current program for facilities needs and equipment list and assist in their incorporation.
- Review scope and contract of the construction package
- Review lease for potential impact to the project
- Assist AMP with the selection and coordination of specialty vendors for equipment
- Coordinate and communicate all activities of project, including the work falling under our client’s responsibility (outside of the contracted construction packages)
- Ensure all relevant project closeout documentation was compiled and assist with the handover to the building management team.
The project completed on-time and on budget in May 2020, and AMP is planning to open soon.
About the Client
Atlantic Medicinal Partners (AMP) is a medical and recreational dispensary located in Fitchburg. Their stated goal is to produce and curate the best cannabis products in Massachusetts.