Tim LayneSenior Project Manager
Tim is a dynamic project manager with expertise in the design and construction of multimillion-dollar pharmaceutical cGMP facilities. Responsible for project management, strategic planning, and technical design, he has led diversely skilled teams toward execution of top-level objectives while maximizing the bottom-line results. He is known for surpassing client and organizational expectations. He proactively and effectively drives projects and helps clients with vital decision making, all while navigating civil and state regulations.
- Exceptional strategist and expert in articulation of high-level projects
- Proactive, hardworking, and approachable
- Skilled negotiator, collaborative leader and proficient communicator
Brings to Hereva:
As a Project Manager, Tim brings more than a decade of in-depth experience in overseeing large-scale process engineering design/build projects, through all phases of development. He understands the importance of working with all stakeholders, especially in the design and layout of clinical and lab spaces, equipment layouts and utilities to ensure that end user needs are met.
Tim has managed A/E design teams for life science laboratory projects including Sanofi Genzyme, Moderna Therapeutics and Seres Therapeutics, while serving as a project manager/engineer for DPS Group. He was instrumental in managing projects from start to finish managing subcontractors, change orders, schedules and monthly Owner status reports. As a project engineer for Practical Applications, he oversaw large-scale million dollar chemical engineering design/build projects for local and national clients. Using his Civil Engineering degree, he was able to design Process Control Logic for lab and industrial systems and HMI for functionality and simplification.
- Divco West for Cambridge Crossing, Cambridge, MA
- Moderna Therapeutics, Norwood, MA
- DPS Group:
- Sanofi Genzyme – QC Lab Renovation. MSAT Lab; Framingham
- Moderna Therapeutics – Various capital projects, clinical manufacturing expansion project; Norwood
- Seres Therapeutics – Clinical Manufacturing Lab; Cambridge
- Practical Applications – project manager/project engineer
Education and Professional Activities
- Chattanooga State Community College, Chattanooga, TN
- Associates Degree in Computer Science
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- College of Engineering, Civil 3.6 GPA
Computer skills include: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Office, QuickBooks.