Paul BowieProject Director
Paul Bowie has more than 30 years of experience in construction and real estate development projects. He understands the diverse requirements for project/program management and how these requirements vary with each client, type of development and method of delivery.
- construction and project management
- design coordination
- labor and staff supervision
- construction estimating
- schedule preparation and management
- budget preparation and management
- quality control of design and construction
- property condition assessments
Brings to Hereva
To every project, Paul brings attention to detail and tenacity which supports project success. He understands the needs of clients, and then prioritizes those within the project team to define the scope, budget and schedule. Paul also understands the importance of flexibility as client needs may change, and he ensures any effects of the changes are mitigated.
Paul has represented tenants, owners, and general contractors on a variety of projects including hospitals, life science laboratories, multi-family residential, hotel, and a minor league baseball stadium. He understands the importance of fostering and maintaining a successful relationship with all stakeholders.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Project Management Services and Client Representation for two new laboratory facilities in Cambridge MA. (1 @ 250,000 SF, and 1 @ 500,000 SF); including supervision and support for PM staff on-site.
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MPI) Capital Projects
Project Management Services and Client Representation for new 200,000SF laboratory facility in Cambridge MA; and capital projects within operating laboratories. Supervision and support for PM staff on-site managing capital projects.
King Edward VII Memorial Hospital Expansion and Renovation (50,000SF, $17MM) Hamilton, Bermuda
Supervision and coordination and management support of all construction activities, including D&J self-performed work; schedule control; cost control; QA/QC; Contract management (Client and subcontracts); Subcontractor procurement and construction management.
Cape Breton Regional Hospital (500,000SF $100 million fast-tracked general hospital) Sydney, Nova Scotia
Project Management Services, including coordination of Hospital medical equipment.
Grace Maternity and Izaak Walton Killam Children’s Hospitals (435,000SF $55M hospital complex) Halifax, Nova Scotia
Project Management Services, including construction management of medical equipment and asbestos abatement.
- 1993 Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors – Professional Quantity Surveyor, Diploma No. 1629
- 1988 Nova Scotia Institute of Technology (N.S.I.T.), Diploma, Construction Administration Technology (CAT)
- 1986 Nova Scotia Department of Resources Development and Training Certificate of Interprovincial Carpentry Qualifications
- 1988 Nova Scotia Institute of Technology award for Highest Standing in Construction Administration Technology (CAT)
- 1988 Nova Scotia Association of Quantity Surveyors Award for Highest Achievement in Quantity Surveying