Alex MagyarProject Manager
Alex is a skilled construction project manager with experience managing multiple corporate real estate projects throughout all phases of the project life cycle. He develops and maintains strong relationships while fostering an environment that ensures success for all projects. Alex is proactive in managing project risk and ensuring that key stakeholders are aligned with overall project objectives.
- Budgeting, cost estimating, reporting
- Contract negotiation, contract management
- Vendor coordination, management
Brings to Hereva:
Alex excels at establishing close coordination with internal stakeholders to ensure projects remain aligned with client’s objectives. His positive energy and diligence in managing the details during a construction project helps clients remain on budget while minimizing risk. Alex can oversee the day-to-day activities of multiple office and laboratory projects, supervise external partners and vendors, and manage budgetary and space requirement needs through a project’s execution.
Alex is a multifaceted project manager having been in the industry for over 10 years. Prior to joining Hereva, Alex was a Corporate Real Estate Project Manager at CIEE where he oversaw several international real estate projects, as well as the design and early construction phases of their administrative headquarters in Boston. At Cushman & Wakefield he oversaw a number of real estate projects. Alex also spent time at Samuels and Associates as an Assistant Project Manager.
Fan Pier Redesign
- Project encompasses renovating approximately 300k SF. Project goal is to increase seat capacity in order to meet the growing population of Vertex’s G&A functions. Primary role is work with an internal Vertex PM to drive the overall project through multiple design, procurement, construction, and occupancy phases.
Fan Pier Welcome Center Renovation
- Scope includes renovation of an existing 14k SF conference center in order to reorganize the function of the space to better utilize existing square footage.
Fan Pier Lobby Renovations
- Currently in design phase.
- Renovation of 11 Kitchenettes in the Fan Pier Campus, through initial concept, design, and construction.
Corporate Communications Production Studio
- Renovation of approximately 2k SF to accommodate a production studio for Vertex’s corporate communication group.
VMC Part 3 Expansion
- Project consisted of expanding into an additional 7k square feet of space. Continued support through construction phases for contract negotiation, budget management, and change order negotiations.
12th Floor Renovation: Global Patient Services
- Renovation of approximately 12k square feet to accommodate growth of Vertex’s Global Patient Services group
Miscellaneous Facilities Projects
- Fan Pier Combined Heat & Power (CHP); Diesel Room Flood Mitigation; Air Compressor Noise Isolation; Cooling Tower Catwalks; VMC Backup Generator
CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange
- Corporate Real Estate Project Manager
- Global Institute | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 69 A Street Administrative Headquarters | Boston, Ma
- Global Institute | Santiago, Chile
Cushman & Wakefield
- Assistant Project Manager > Project Manager
- Taurus Investments | Boston, Ma
- ORIG3N | Boston, Ma
- Salesforce | Boston, Ma; Burlington, Ma
- Stanley Black & Decker | Boston, Ma
- Wolverine World Wide | Waltham, Ma
- George P Johnson | Boston, Ma
- Rockport | Newton, Ma
- NeoTech | Westborough, Ma
Samuels & Associates
- Assistant Project Manager
- VanNess | Boston, Ma
Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Property Administrator, Facilities Operations Coordinator, Real Estate Project Coordinator
Education and Professional Activities:
- Northeastern University Boston, MA, M.B.A in Finance and Innovation Entrepreneurship
- Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston MA, B.S. in Architecture
- MA Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
- Member, Corenet Boston Chapter